"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Girl of the Day - Claire Danes

The Regular Wife and I started watching Showtime's new show about the CIA and its hunt for a supposed al Qaeda mole -- a returning American POW/MIA played by Damian Lewis (of Band of Brothers).   The show is called Homeland and the central character is a CIA analyst played by Claire Danes who also (not sure where this will head in the course of the show) has a mood disorder and is taking anti-psychotic medicine, which might mean that her suspicions are paranoid.   Interesting show, and Danes and Lewis are both quite good.


No comments:

Post a Comment