"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Birthdays Today - Fletch and Bourne

Somewhat mediocre birthdays today.   Chevy Chase, amazingly, turns 68 today.   Chase is still best known for his Saturday Night Live stint in the 70s, and he had a decent run in some comedy classics for a few years after that, including in Caddyshack and Fletch, but he never quite had the career people predicted when he first came on the scene.   Here's a clip from SNL that captures him at his peak:




It's also Matt Damon's birthday -- he's 41.   Damon has had a big career so far, and I imagine it will keep getting bigger, particularly if he agrees to star in another one of the Bourne movies, which are among my favorite action movies ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment