"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Obama's Real "Jobs" Program

Obama's real jobs program is apparently to hamstring (through regulation) or demonize (through demagoguery) American business.   Remember when he went hard after corporate jet owners as an easy way to caricature the "rich"?   Well, it's had predictable results:

Piper Aircraft Incorporated has announced their plans to lay off 150 employees and release 55 contract personnel after deciding to suspend their light business jet program.
 
The company stated in a press release that while they are keeping up with their budget and performance goals, "planned development costs had risen above the point that were recoverable under foreseeable light jet market projections."

It's almost as if that's what Obama wanted.   But I suppose the Piper Aircraft employees weren't members of teachers' unions or public employee unions, so they don't count as "middle class."  


No comments:

Post a Comment