"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, October 21, 2011

Preference Cascade Update

Gallup's quarter-by-quarter poll of President Obama's approval rating shows a marked decrease in the 3rd Quarter of 2011:


 Some may attribute the drop to the continuing bad economic news, the debacle of the debt ceiling increase, etc.   I think something more fundamental has happened -- Obama has jumped the shark.   People just don't buy the snake oil anymore.

And supporting the jerks at Occupy Wall Street isn't helping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment