"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Whose Side Are You On?

Do middle-class and working-class Democrats really want to be associated with the Occupy Wall Street crowd?   Do they even understand how far out there the protests are toward nihilism and anarchism?   Do they really want to side with these people?


***

UPDATE:

Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit makes the essential point about the Occupy Wall Street protests:

When lefties want to make the Tea Party fit their preconceptions, they have to make things up. When righties want to exercise their preconceptions about the Occupy movement, on the other hand, they just have to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment