"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, December 21, 2012

More on Saint Ed




























The Regular Wife suggested I offer a description of Saint Ed for potential readers out there.   So here goes.

Saint Ed is set in the winter of 1939.   In Europe, the Nazis have invaded and (with the Soviets) conquered and partitioned Poland.   Meanwhile, at Princeton University, 21 year-old Ed Rybowski, a Polish-Jewish Brooklyn boy, is growing increasingly frustrated and angry at the absurdity of his safety in America while the rest of the world is at war.   His only college friend is his lacrosse teammate, Billy "Wyt" Randolph, the wealthy son of Virginia's junior Senator.   To distract Ed from his feelings of guilt, Randolph takes him on a wild road trip, first to Manhattan and Harlem, and then on to Mad River, Vermont for skiing.   On the way Ed discovers secrets about his late father's past as a "businessman" in Brownsville, Brooklyn, and what broke his parents' marriage apart, while Randolph reveals his own deepest secret, something that could ruin his family's political dynasty.  

CreateSpace, Amazon's self-publishing program, allows you to create your own search terms for your book.   If I had to list a few for Saint Ed, I'd list World War II, jazz, bootleggers, smugglers, gangsters, pool hustlers, communist sympathizers, drunks, loan sharks, grifters, chippies and debutantes.  

As the "chippies and debutantes" might suggest, Ed and Billy meet girls along the way.

I hope you buy the book, and I hope you enjoy it.

***

Meanwhile, sales doubled overnight!

Well, they went from one (my Mom) to two (one of my good friends).  

***

P.S.  If the technology works... and, if I've learned one thing from doing this, it's that technology is unbelievable... Saint Ed ought to be available on Kindle within a day or so.   

No comments:

Post a Comment