"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, December 3, 2012

Girl of the Day - Katarina Witt

Here's a name I haven't heard for years... Katarina Witt turns 47 today.   For a time, when the Winter Olympics were a much bigger deal than they are today, every four years or so would create a new superstar gold-medalist from women's figure skating.   There was Peggy Fleming (1968), Dorothy Hamill (1976), and then Witt in 1984 and 1988.   In my bad old days of being single, she was right in my wheelhouse for unrequited ogling:


No comments:

Post a Comment