"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bored, Bored, Bored...

... by the fiscal cliff machinations.   When I began the Regular Guy Believes blog, one of my first posts was that the Regular Guy believes that cutting spending in the federal budget would be child's play.  

Well, apparently not.   It is so boring to regular guys -- like moi -- to listen to the news day after day and realize that our elected representatives are simply incapable of reacting in any meaningful way to the enormous bloated monstrosity of federal government spending and the impending tidal wave of unfunded liabilities ($100 trillion? No one knows.) in our entitlement programs.

Obama, Reid, McConnel, Boehner, Pelosi... they are not just fiddling while Rome burns... they are more like Japanese mimes doing a Kabuki dance in an Hiroshima theater the night before the bomb dropped.  

Or, to be cruder, they are concerned about a pimple on this fellow's behind:


























When you think about America's fiscal health ca. 2012, that's what it looks like.   Our budget doesn't need a new hairdo or a shave so much as it needs A COMPLETE AND TOTAL TRANSFORMATION OF HOW WE GO ABOUT OUR LIVES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment