"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, October 17, 2011

Smile of the Day - Obligatory Cardinal Gloating Version

The Cardinals are in the World Series!   I can't believe I'm writing those words.   Given up for dead six weeks ago when they were 10.5 games out of the wild card, the Cardinals stormed back, got lucky, got hot at the right time, made the playoffs on the last day of the season, then beat the best team in baseball, the Philadelphia Phillies, and the best home-team in baseball, the Milwaukee Brewers, clinching both series on the road, and now they are in the World.  Freaking.  Series.   Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment