"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Solyndra Update

There's not much new in this article about Solyndra other than fleshing out with evidence of internal emails how much the White House knew early on -- meaning before the President's appearance at the company in May 2010 to boast about how it was the type of company that would lead the nation into a green energy future -- about how screwed up the company was financially.  But the real news to me is the publisher, the New York Times.   If Obama starts losing the New York Times, he's a goner.  

This may sound paranoid, but I can't help thinking that there's starting to be a concerted effort among the liberal elites to give Obama a reason (sufficiently damning scandals) to step aside so that Hillary Clinton can ride in and save the Democratic Party from disaster.  

***

Oh, buried in the story there's this nugget:


Brad Jones, a founding partner of an investment fund that put money into Solyndra, in an e-mail exchange with Lawrence H. Summers, then a top economic adviser to President Obama, observed, “Every administration seems to feel like it knows better than the private markets how to allocate capital, and I’ve just never seen that to be true.’’

Like every conservative hasn't been saying that for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment