"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chris Christie Press Conference Today at 1:00 Eastern


In five minutes, Chris Christie will stride to a podium somewhere in New Jersey.... and eat it!

OK, just kidding.  Christie is set to announce finally, once-and-for-all, no-more-pussyfooting around, that he is not running for President.   Maybe he'll surprise and run, but I don't think so.

And, frankly, I hope not.   In my view, the Republican attack on Obama has to be focused on four main issues:

1.   His extraordinarily poor record on job creation.
2.   Repealing Obamacare.
3.   Reining in federal spending.
4.   His lack of executive experience/incompetence.

We already have a leading candidate (Romney) who, if nominated, would make us give up on one of these issues (Obamacare) because of his prior positions.   We don't need another candidate (Christie) who would make us give up on another issue (Obama's lack of executive experience).   Sure, Christie is competent as a governor, but it's only been less than two years.   He's just not ready.

We've tried "not ready" already.   Let's try "ready" for a change.   That means Romney or Perry in the current field, or else someone better put the thumbscrews on Mitch Daniels' wife and get him back in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment