"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Girl of the Day - Yuanyuan Gao

The Regular Wife and I saw another film at the Milwaukee Film Festival last night, this time a funny romantic comedy from Hong Kong called Don't Go Breaking My Heart.    The movie was really fun, although I can't help thinking that it would be silly if you simply transferred everything to New York and had the leads be American actors and actresses; it would lose all of the exotic charm that comes from recognizing that people around the world fall in love the same way we do.   But he girl at the center of the love triangle -- her two suitors are a suave investment banker and a romantic architect -- played by Yuanyuan Gao (as an idiot American I'm not sure which is the first and which is the last name) is very beautiful and appealing:


No comments:

Post a Comment