"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fast and Furious Metastasizes

The Obama administration gun-walking scandal known as "Fast and Furious" is about to metastasize.   Today the chairman of the House Judiciary committee, Lamar Smith, sent a letter to President Obama requesting the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate whether Attorney General Eric Holder lied to Congress when he said in May 2011 that he had only just learned of the Fast and Furious program.   Emails have recently come out suggesting that he was briefed on the program repeatedly beginning almost a year earlier.   

This is going to get interesting.   I'd expect Holder to resign within the next few weeks under normal circumstances.   But I have a feeling that Holder is the only thing holding a lid on other Obama scandals reaching back to his Chicago days, so getting him to fall on his sword won't be easy.

***

And, speaking of metastasizing, here's an ominous article about the decision just yesterday to postpone sentencing of Tony Rezco, the Chicago mobster who raised money to start Obama's political career.   The money quote comes from a tape of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich:

BLAGOJEVICH I thin-, you know, it's really, I get that I'm a big boy and I can handle that, but it's really f***ing galling, this guy is more Tony'd up than I am. And it's almost like they f***ing conspi-, made a concerted effort and they got the Chicago media to f***ing make me wear Rezko more. To f***ing dilute it from him.

Things may be about to get very interesting for the Obama administration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment