"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Smile(s) of the Day

Troy Tulowitzki, the Colorado Rockies' shortstop, inked a 7-year extension for $134 million, or $19 million per during the extension.   Weirdly, this may be a good deal for the Rockies -- an All-Star shortstop who gives you 20+ HRs and 90+ RBIs a year through age 26 might be a bit better in his prime, and won't fade too much hopefully by age 36, when this contract expires.  



For Cardinals fans, however, it begs the question -- if Tulowitzki gets $19 million per, what on earth is Albert worth?  I'd say the number is going to have to be $30 million at least.  Or, as suggested by the direction Albert is looking, maybe even higher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment