"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Birthday Smile of the Day

It's also Reggie White's birthday today, the great (and late) NFL defensive lineman, who took Brett Favre to his only Super Bowl in 1996 with the Packers.   White, an ordained minister, was, by all accounts, a natural leader -- like a nicer Ray Lewis -- whom his teammates loved and feared.   Probably the most ferocious defensive end ever, he could toss a 300 pound NFL tackle aside with one arm -- amazing.   White would have been 49 today, but died in 2004 of cardiac arrhthmia.

No comments:

Post a Comment