"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Girl(s) Thursday - Jennifer Ehle v. Keira Knightley

Being a sucker for Jane Austen, I will watch any production of Pride and Prejudice that comes along.  The two most recent are the BBC version from 15 or so years ago, and the 2005 movie version.   The two female stars present very different versions of Elizabeth Bennet, but both are charming, Jennifer Ehle in a more zaftig way, Keira Knightley in a more modern "modelish" way.   I probably preferred the Ehle version, but that may be because Colin Firth was better as Mr. Darcy than Matthew Macfadyen


No comments:

Post a Comment