"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Smile of the Day

Lebron James and the Miami Heat have won 11 straight.   Lebron took a lot of grief for the not very hard to understand decision over the summer that he'd rather play basketball with (a) great players (Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh); (b) in Miami (warm) rather than Cleveland (cold); where there's (c) a lot hotter women -- remember, he's a single, 25 year-old high testosterone young man; (d) in a city that's an international capital and tourist destination -- remember, he wants to be an international marketing icon; and (e) in Florida, a state where there's no state income tax.  Not really a hard decision.   So hate him if you want.   Among the things that life has taught me is that having a lot of talent and a lot of money often will give you the last laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment