"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Smile of the Day - Coach K

Mike Krzysewski of Duke passed Adolph Rupp last night for #3 in coaching victories in NCAA basketball history, as Duke rolled over Bradley.  Coach K will pass Dean Smith of North Carolina with two more victories, and then will likely get close to passing or pass Bob Knight of Indiana by the end of the year for #1 on the all-time list.   It's hard to believe that the year I went to Duke, the fall of 1983, he was on the verge of being run out of town after consecutive losing seasons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment