"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Smile of the Day

The Heat rolled over the Lakers in LA in the Christmas Day game, 96-80.  Doesn't mean much... the Lakers and Kobe will undoubtedly turn things around when the playoffs come.   But it does show that the Heat, Lebron, Dwayne Wade (below) and Chris Bosh have really gotten it turned around.   I watched a good deal of the game, and Bosh is better than I thought, Wade is Wade, but James.... wow.    He's so big and so skilled.... he just drives his man, draws a double and jumps over them to make a pass to wide open shooters.   Amazing and maybe indefensible.  

In other words, the NBA is really really interesting this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment