"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, December 3, 2010

Smile of the Day


President LeBron apparently got a fat lip playing basketball.  If this was Clinton, we'd question the story.   Since this is Obama, my only question is... why so much basketball, so much golf, why so few jobs?   (Oh, by the way, the latest unemployment figures for November are out today (the Bureau of Labor of Statistics always issues them the first Friday of the following month), and they aren't good.... 9.8%.)

By the way, they've pulled the stories now that the actual jobs report is out, but the major web-based media like CNN were working overtime to carry water for Obama this morning on the jobs front, talking about the improving outlook.   Which just goes to show you, once again, that you can't trust the MSM. 

UPDATE:

I actually found the CNN story I remembered, which had been moved off their front page once the BLS report was released at 8:30 eastern time.   Here's what it looked like at 7:45:


Shameless.   

No comments:

Post a Comment