"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Girl Saturday - Katherine Ross

I posted about a month ago a picture of Katherine Ross with Paul Newman, but she's worth her own post.   My parents had the good policy to let me see relatively adult movies before I was really old enough to see them; nowadays kids are so locked into kid culture (and society produces so much more kid culture), that there is a complete disconnect between what adults watch and read and listen to and what kids watch and read and listen to.   Anyway, back in the late 1960s I saw Katherine Ross in The Graduate and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (as well as in a John Wayne movie called Hellfighters) and she was pretty much my idea of what a really great girl looked like.   Perhaps not incidentally, twenty years or so later I married a tall slender girl with long dark hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment