"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, December 3, 2010

It's George Bush's Fault

According to a new Commerce Department report, orders for manufactured goods in October decreased $3.6 billion or 0.9 percent to $420.1 billion, the U.S. Census Bureau reported today.  Also, new orders for manufactured durable goods in October decreased $6.9 billion or 3.4 percent to $195.7 billion.

Nearly four years after Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid took over Congress, nearly two years since Barack Obama was inaugurated and his stimulus plan was enacted, we have manufacturing slipping and unemployment increasing.   If unemployment gets to 10%, there should be rumblings about a primary challenge to Obama from a more moderate, pro-business Democrat (if there are any of those anymore).  

And, of course, it's all George Bush's fault.   Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment