"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Girl Thursday - Jan Smithers

OK, so this one will be obscure.   Jan Smithers' only role of note was the geeky (but sneaky cute) girl in the late 1970s-early 1980s TV show WKRP in Cincinnati.   I always thought they had to work really hard to hide the fact that she was a lot hotter than the "hot" girl on the show, the blonde bombshell Loni Anderson.  



Here she is, a decade earlier, as a 16 year-old model on the cover of Newsweek.   Whatever happened to that magazine, by the way?  

1 comment:

  1. BW from south midwestJune 6, 2014 at 7:51 AM

    I'd like to be the guy riding Jan Smithers around! I can picture it; Music by Beach Boys or Jan & Dean. Fun little motorbike. Campfire on beach at night! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete