"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Obama as Failure

The meme is multiplying.  I mentioned last week Peggy Noonan's piece on Obama as a "loser."   Here are two new instances.   First, Roger Simon makes a good point about Obama, using the analogy that he's America's CEO:
The worldwide market plunge since the signing of the U.S. debt agreement tells us one thing above all: Almost no one on the planet has confidence in the leadership of Barack Obama.

A CEO with such a disastrous first three years as our president has had probably would already have been called upon to resign or been pushed out by his company’s board of directors — more than likely for some time.
Next, an anonymous wag at Ace of Spades makes an even better point (since noticing what isn't there is harder  intellectually than drawing analogies from what is there):
Had a chat with a friend yesterday who asked an odd question. He wanted to know if I knew anybody who didn't support Obama in 2008 but who does support him for 2012.
Well, I don't. But he wanted me to go public with the question. And I think it's a good question.

Do You Know Anybody Who Voted Against Obama in 2008 But Has Been Converted and Will Vote For Him in 2012?

A really strong, common sense measure of where Obama's at right now is whether you've heard anyone in the halls of a big company defending the guy.   I work in a big law firm where I'd venture to say that more than 50% of the lawyers are Democrats.   No one is defending Obama out loud anymore.   No one.  

And then there are the cartoons:


No comments:

Post a Comment