"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Allen West Goes to the Top of My List of Favorite Politicians

New Congressmen Allen West just rocketed to the top of my list of favorite politicians.   Here is his response to a recent complaint that he should cut off his ties with supposedly "Islamophobic" pro-Israel activists:


If it's good enough for General McAuliffe, the 101st Airborne commander at Bastogne, it's good enough for me.    Kudos to Congressman West for dismissing a complaint like this with the "due respect" it deserved.

By the way, "Steadfast and Loyal" is the motto of the 4th Infantry Division, which went ashore on Utah Beach on D-Day, fought in Normandy, was the first American division to liberate Paris, fought in the Huertgen Forest battle, and then was "resting" just north of Luxembourg when the Germans hit our lines in the Battle of the Bulge, and fought valiantly to halt the penetration.   West was the commander of the 2nd Battalion, 20th Artillery Regiment, 4th Division from 2002 until he left the active military in 2004.


No comments:

Post a Comment