"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Department of Unsurprising Consequences (of Liberal Policies)

File this in the Department of Unsurprising Consequences (of Liberal Policies):

Illinois started to create jobs as the national economy began to recover. But just when Illinois’s economy seemed to be turning around, lawmakers passed record tax increases in January of this year. Since then, Illinois’s employment numbers have done nothing but decline.

Data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics confirms this downward trajectory. When it comes to putting people back to work, Illinois is going backwards. Since January, Illinois has dropped 89,000 people from its employment rolls.
Here's the graph accompanying the article.   Note the inflection point:




When will they ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment