"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, August 26, 2011

Girl of the Day - First Day of High School Version

It's the first day of high school for the Regular Son.  So there's a good chance that worrying will replace blogging for today.  

However, in honor of the Regular Son, here are some of the more memorable movie high school girls from movies in the 1980s, when comedies about high school seemed to be everywhere.   First, Phoebe Cates, whose career as far as I can tell hit its peak with her first movie, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and a particular scene where she emerged from a pool:


Next, opting for the more intellectual type, there was Molly Ringwald from Sixteen Candles:



Ringwald became a huge star for fifteen minutes in the 1980s, but I'm not sure whatever happened to her.   However, as I would hasten to tell the Regular Son, hot girls in high school don't necessarily stay hot as they get older.   That's why you want to look for tall, thin, smart, Catholic girls who read books.   (Sound familiar, kid?)

Finally, here's Mia Sara from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.   I'm also not sure what she did after that, but I remember thinking then (and still thinking now) that she was way too good for Matthew Broderick:



Anyway, kid, I hope you had a nice day at high school.   Of course, since it's an ALL-MALE CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL, you won't be seeing any girls who look like this anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment