"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girl of the Day - Cloudy, Mid-August, School Getting Ready to Start, End of Summer Blues Edition (Sunny Bippus)

We have these strange beetles around our house who have not only eaten our roses this year, but have also eaten away at the leaves on our birch tree, so that our backyard looks a lot like fall, with leaves all over the ground and the patio.   Eek!   It's coming.   So, with school getting ready to start for the Regular Children, it seems a good time to return to some beach memories, such as:


This is the SI swimsuit issue cover from 1966, when the Regular Guy was 7 and the Regular Wife was a newborn.   The girl -- who would now probably be 70 or so -- was aptly named Sunny Bippus.   As Jack Paar would say, I kid you not.

No comments:

Post a Comment