"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday Today - Elvis Costello

One of the Regular Wife's favorites, Elvis Costello turns 57 today.   Costello was one of the few great songwriters who came out of the punk scene, and his music has grown the most and lasted the longest, in my humble opinion.   He's shown up recently, for instance, on one of our favorite shows, Treme, playing with New Orleans jazz musicians.  

Anyway, to quote another of the Regular Wife's faves, this one goes out to the one I love:

No comments:

Post a Comment