"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Girl of the Day - Ann Blyth



Ann Blyth turns 83 today.   She had a minor Hollywood career, punctuated  by playing the scheming child-star Veda Pierce in the 1945 version of Mildred Pierce starring Joan Crawford, for which Blyth received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.   But she was a devout Catholic, was married once and only once (the way it's supposed to work), and had five kids, so I suspect she thought she had a great career as a Mom.  

1 comment:

  1. I love Ann I wish that she would do a cameo or have a role in another motion picture.

    ReplyDelete