"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Girl of the Day - Marion Cotillard

I've seen the French actress Marion Cotillard in several movies now, including Inception, Public Enemies, and the somewhat disappointing Woody Allen film, Midnight in Paris.  I haven't seen her starring role as Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose, for which she won the Academy Award, but I imagine I'd like it, as I generally like historical biography movies, particularly set in the 1930s and 1940s.   So I guess it's time she's Girl of the Day:


Also, and I hope without offending anyone, there's this funny short film shedid, which makes me think that she has a cool sense of humor:  

No comments:

Post a Comment