"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spinning the Debate

Even CNN is saying Romney won the debate.   Deadly comments from James Carville:  "Obama looked like he didn't want to be there."

Stephanie Cutter spinning for the President:   "He wasn't speaking to the pundit class.  He was speaking to people at home."   They know he did badly.

***

Candy Crowley:  "People who feel like they lost the debate talk about wanting the moderator to intervene more."   Just after Stephanie Cutter commented that Lehrer hadn't controlled Romney enough.

***

Fact checking on CNN: Obama's claim that Romney would cut taxes by $5 trillion for rich is graded "FALSE."

****

Obama talked four minutes longer than Romney by four minutes.   Not surprising.   That was my take too... he's an incredibly boring guy who loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk and talk.

***

CNN pundit says Cutter basically admitted that Romney won the debate.  

***

Anderson Cooper:   President as "listless."  

No comments:

Post a Comment