The Regular Son weighs in on tonight's debate:
Here are mine:
1. Obama will try to paint Romney as a guy with his finger on the button on Iran, saying he wants to flex his muscles and start another war in the Mideast. He will tell some stories about funerals of veterans and make it seem as though the 5,000 or so we lost in the past decade were 500,000.
2. Obama will brag about sanctions on Iran, an argument Mitt will have a hard time refuting or countering without practically declaring war on Iran.
3. Obama will be incredibly obnoxious in trumpeting his killing of bin Laden. Romney needs to say at some point, "The president didn't kill bin Laden. The U.S. military killed bin Laden. If anyone should be taking credit, it's David H. Petraeus et al."
4. Obama will try to play on the unpopularity of the Iraq war and say that Romney would have continued this war.
5. Obama will instigate a big fight on defense spending. Romney will appeal to swing voters in Virginia by illustrating the jobs created there by defense contractors and the effects on the economy if arbitrary, massive cuts go into effect.
6. Romney will tie it into the debt, saying that other nations don't trust us and the dollar is going to grow weaker if our spending continues to run amok.
7. Obama will play the "I'm the president" card and say Romney is inexperienced, hoping no one notices his lack of any experience in anything whatsoever before he became President. Expect numerous references to Romney's trip to England.
8. Romney will hit Obama hard on weakening relations with Israel.
9. They will get into the weeds on China. The exchange will be confusing and unhelpful to most Americans.
10. Don't be surprised if we get a monkey wrench from Schiffer on Benghazi.