1. "We haven't heard from the governor any specifics [about cutting spending] beyond Big Bird and eliminating funding for Planned Parenthood in terms of how he pays for that."
2. "When Governor Romney says that we should eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood, there are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for not just contraceptive care. They rely on it for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings. That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country."
3. "George Bush never suggested that we eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood."
4. "You know, when members of the Republican Congress say, we're going to sign a no tax pledge so that we don't ask a dime from millionaires and billionaires to reduce our deficit so we can still invest in education and helping kids go to college, he said, me too. When they said, we're going to cut Planned Parenthood funding, he said, me too."
What he didn't mention, the elephant in the room with regard to Planned Parenthood, is this:
- 51 percent of Planned Parenthood’s yearly clinic income – their only self-sustaining revenue source – comes from abortion.
- Its total revenue is $320.8 million; it's total revenue from abortion is $164.12 million. It also receives $223.8 million in private donations.
- This non-profit with $544.1 million in total revenue from services and private donations receives $487.4 million from taxpayers per year, making it a $1 billion enterprise.
- In their last reporting year, Planned Parenthood performed 329,445 abortions.
- Planned Parenthood is by far the United States' largest abortion provider, performing 27.5% of all abortions in the United States
- Planned Parenthood does not perform mammograms.