"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Girl of the Day - Three's Company Version (Suzanne Somers)

Suzanne Somers' birthday is today; she turns 66.   She was the blonde on Three's Company when it first started in the late 1970s -- sort of a poor man's Farrah Fawcett.   She made the mistake of quitting the show to pursue what she thought would be a bigger and better career, sort of like McLean Stevenson quitting MASH.   Bad idea.   Hit shows are mostly serendipitous, and if you've got one once, you should hang on for dear life as long as it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Do you use actively online social communities?

    ReplyDelete