"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Last Thought on the Debate

Everything I saw and everything I've heard since suggests that everyone recognizes that Romney won the debate, not just handily, but overwhelmingly and devastatingly.   This wasn't just a debate victory, it was the Emperor-Has-No-Clothes moment we've been waiting for.

The only question remaining is whether the mainstream media will sacrifice everything left of its credibility to try to drag this reeking husk of a Presidency across the finish line.  

We'll see if the "fact checkers" hit Romney hard over the next few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment