"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Girl of the Day - Drunkblogging Edition (Lara Logan)

I'll be drunkblogging the VP debate tonight, hoping for Wisconsin's own Paul Ryan to clean Slow Joe Biden's clock, particularly on foreign policy and Benghazi-gate.   Meanwhile, here's Lara Logan, the CBS reporter who this week blasted the Obama administration's handling of Middle East policy and the War on Terrorism, saying, among other things, "When I look at what's going on in Libya, there's a big song and dance about whether this was a terrorist attack or a protest and you just want to scream, for God's sake, are you kidding me?... I hope to God that you're sending in your best clandestine warriors to exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil, that its ambassadors will not be murdered and the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."

Strong stuff from a real journalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment