"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

More on Fast and Furious

Earlier today I noted that the "deliberative process" privilege asserted by Obama/Holder does not apply in cases of governmental misconduct.  Obviously Fast and Furious is such a case, but I had forgotten this nugget, which makes the point even more obvious:
The chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona is refusing to testify before Congress regarding Operation Fast and Furious, the federal gun-running scandal that sent U.S. weapons to Mexico.
Patrick J. Cunningham informed the House Oversight Committee late Thursday through his attorney that he will use the Fifth Amendment protection.



That was several months ago.  Interesting how the story seemed to disappear from view until now in the MSM, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment