"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, June 4, 2012

Girl of the Day - Rosalind Russell

The Regular Son has taken note of the old man's propensity to put gratuitous flesh on the blog, and has questioned the propriety of said practice.   True, at some point, the Regular Guy Believes segued from featuring actresses of old to, well, cheesecake of the SI swimsuit variety.   Some of that came from a misguided attempt to drive page views; some of it laziness; some of it, sadly, prurience.  Ah, well.   When your teenaged son questions the morality of your posts, you're both doing something wrong and something very right.   (This is the same Regular Son who pushed me to convert to Catholicism this year.)  So, in an attempt to return to a purer format, today's Girl of the Day is an oldy, Rosalind Russell, born today in 1908, who was one of the great sharp-talking dames of 1930s screwball comedy, especially with Cary Grant in His Girl Friday:

No comments:

Post a Comment