"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, June 22, 2012

Ace's Key Insight

Ace makes a key point about how so-called "independents" (read: low information voters) will think about Fast and Furious:


I don't think the swing bloc which will decide the election knows much about Fast & Furious, or would even care much if they bothered to inform themselves.

As I've said, I don't think they do their homework.

But this is a dangerous thing for Obama, even among people who don't do their homework. At some point they take a look at all the questions they would have to resolve in Obama's favor in order to vote for him, and decide: The hell with that. That's too much work. I'd have to do an awful lot of homework just to feel comfortable clearing Obama of all this accumulate crap. It's just easier to assume he's halfway guilty on all of it.

And that's how I think people who don't do their homework tend to think.

The casual observer is just beginning to hear about Obama and "withholding documents" and "executive privilege" and contempt of Congress and gun-running and Mexican drug cartels and a dead border patrol agent.   They don't have to connect all of the dots to think that something in there must stink to high heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment