"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Girl of the Day - Candy Clark


Candy Clark played Debbie Dunham in the 1973 movie American Graffiti.   In retrospect, the movie captures something essential about the 1960s in the character of "Curt" played by Richard Dreyfuss, the unearned, condescending moral superiority of what would become the liberal-radical anti-war left (recalling that Dreyfuss' character ends up being a "writer living in Canada").  

Anyway, Clark played the blonde who befriends the nerdy secondary character played by Charles Martin Smith (who is great in everything he does).    She also has one of the great voices ever:






Clark turns 65 today. Tempus fugit.

No comments:

Post a Comment