"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, June 8, 2012

Girl of the Day - Swedish Version

We were talking with our Swedish houseguests last night and the name Anita Ekberg came up.   I described her a classic "blonde bombshell"; our guest came up with the fact that she was famous for the scene in Fellini's La Dolce Vita where she cavorts in the Trevi Fountain in Rome.   This is the least cheesecake-y shot of her I could come up with -- Ekberg was a famous pin-up girl in the 1950s -- continuing my resolution to tone-down the fleshiness of the Regular Guy Believes.


No comments:

Post a Comment