"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

GOTV

UPDATE:

I voted this morning at about 9:00 am in Wauwatosa, a close-in suburb of Milwaukee.   I waited until after the pre-work rush, but the line was still pretty long... out the gym and into the hallway.   It's a pretty pro-Walker neighborhood, with lots of yard signs.   The gal behind me, whom I know from church, commented that she had never been so excited to vote.   Lots of good vibes.   I was in the 400s already... the total vote in the primary last month was something like 660, so I'd say turnout is heavy, which matches what's being reported locally on call-in shows like Charlie Sykes and Jay Weber.  

My gut tells me that this is going to be a big Walker victory, maybe a blowout.

***

It's all about turnout now.

No comments:

Post a Comment