"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Silence of the Lambs

Among the topics that were not addressed in last night's debate on domestic policy was one that is very important to the Regular Guy.   I am a Catholic (albeit somewhat newly minted... about six months ago) and pro-Life.   The debate did not touch upon the topic of abortion.   Obama is easily the most pro-abortion President, having voted against the Born-Alive Protection Act as an Illinois state senator.   He is, in short, a proponent of infanticide, with views on abortion that are far outside the American mainstream.  

I am certain that Romney was happy to focus on jobs and the economy, and I'm glad he landed so many punches on those topics.   But I would like the topic to be raised, if only because otherwise we let the roughly 50 million children who have been aborted since Roe v. Wade remain silenced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment