"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Pundits Weigh In

What will the pundits say?  What will the post-debate instant polls say?

I tend to think that they will say it was a draw... but I think in the long term Biden's smirking and laughing and interrupting won't help him with independents and women.

I'll update as we go.

***

Gergen:  "Biden's dismissive laughing off-putting, Ryan's style better, more presidential..."

Anderson Cooper:  "Some people will say Biden was rude and annoying..."

***

Matalin:  "Style matters... condescending by Biden reminds of Gore's sighing."  I said this earlier.

Van Jones:  For a left-winger pretty good, he says Ryan was presidential.

They are all saying that this is a draw.   Paul Ryan did nothing to undermine the Romney momentum.   And Joe Biden's assholishness will hurt Dems with women and moderates.

***

In the CNN focus group two different women noted that Joe Biden was rude and interrupted too much.   I think that ends up being the big takeaway tonight for independents and moderates.

***

Women in Frank Luntz' focus group on FoxNews are talking about how rude Biden was too.

Man says Biden didn't need a teleprompter.   Ouch!

***

Mary Matalin:   "Biden is a buffoon."   I think that's going to be the woman's point of view.



No comments:

Post a Comment