"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 4, 2012

If You've Lost Chris Matthews and Andrew Sullivan and Tom Brokaw and James Carville and Jon Stewart...

Stewart on GMA this morning:

Listen, I'm sure president Obama now realizes, preseason's over.

"I should probably familiarize myself with my presidency and learn some of the various numbers and things that go along with it."

It wasn't so much his the body language as the mouth language that he was using. The pauses in between.  You know, I used to think the pauses, he was just trying to think of smaller words for the little brains to figure out what he was saying. This time, I really think the pauses were just, 'I like food.' You know, I think he was just thinking, 'my children are nice.'  It didn't seem present in the same way.

I'm going to use the same strategy that Obama took. It's the rope-a-dope. But instead of letting your opponent punch himself out, you just get beat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment