"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Big Bird Perspective

A good question for President Obama at the upcoming town hall debate would be... Mr. Obama, you have criticized the "greed" of the 1% of American taxpayers who make more than $250,000 and claimed that you are doing so to help the middle-class.   Why do you think middle-class taxpayers should be taxed to subsidize Sesame Workshop, the corporation that makes Sesame Street, which had $136 million in operating revenue last year and has assets of $227 million, and which pays its CEO $988,000 per year?  

No comments:

Post a Comment