"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Regular Guy's Birthday...

... is not so exciting.   I guess I've reached the point where birthdays are more depressing than fun.  

Anyway, here's some enjoyable Youtube clips from folks I didn't know I share a birthday with, beginning with Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. in Robin Hood:













Oh, and I also share a birthday with this guy, one of the more forgettable Union generals, but for his extraordinary facial hair:



Altogether a somewhat motley crew.   Which sort of fits.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment