"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Girl of the Day - Scarlett Johansson


I took the Regular Daughters to see The Avengers last weekend, and found it to be surprisingly enjoyable.   It's ridiculousness is offset by its winking tongue-in-cheek self-referential pop culture-is-fun mood, particularly when Robert Downey, Jr.'s Iron Man character is talking -- he's a hoot.   Anyway, Scarlet Johansson is the girl super hero in the group, and she's cool in the movie too.

And, for the feminists at home, you'll note that I didn't use a gratuitous boob shot.



Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment