"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, May 25, 2012

Leading Indicator


When the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee says the Wisconsin recall election is not a big deal for the party nationally, they call that downplaying expectations.   You do that when you know you're going to lose, and lose big.   I think the DNC's internal polling must be even worse than what the published polls are saying.   Walker will crush Barrett, and they have to pretend that it's a non-story.

Well, maybe.   And maybe the national media will let them get aways with it.   But if I were the DNC I'd be plenty worried that a state that Obama won handily in 2008 now looks like it could go Republican in 2012.   And, long-term, I'd be worried that the jig is up for the major constituency of the modern Democratic Party, public employee unions and their private sector union cronies.  

The Thugocracy Has No Clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment